Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

 For our lab this week, I was in the Special Projects group and spent the beginning of my time there putting up a bulletin board, then playing with the kids for the rest of the time until our closing dance and cheer. I enjoyed my time there even though I could not be participating and interacting with the kids the whole time. I realize that have references such as bulletin boards about being active is very beneficial for children and should be done on a regular basis. After finishing the bulletin board, I had a time to form a bond with one specific student that seemed to be shying off and staying on the side, not participating in much of anything. I played basketball with this specific student and got her to loosen up and had her laughing and smiling by the end. This was a very good feeling for me and made me even more sure that this is what I want to be doing. The dance and cheer that we did at the end was also a very interesting experience for me because it brought everyone together for one last little hoo-rah! I think that overall it was a very successful week and I am excited to be able to go back!



Also, don't forget to check out my lab reflection from this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment