Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 9

Tonight I attended one of the labs at the college to get some extra hours in. This was kind of exciting for me because it was the lab that I was in last year, so I knew most of the participants and hadn't seen them in a while. In the beginning, I was basically just walking around watching everyone and jumping in wherever someone needed help. This was nice because I had the opportunity to see and catch up with all of the participants that I had wanted to. After about 20 minutes of this, another participant had arrived and did not have a mentor to work with him. The teacher then asked me to go over and work with him. This participant was new this year, and was about 5-6 years old. I was excited to meet someone new and get the chance to hangout with and get to know him. Although I did not plan on really teaching on this day so did not have a lesson plan, we thought of a few fun games together that kept us entertained. First we played line tag, then rock paper scissor chase, then practice rolling around on mats. This was a lot of fun and I could tell that the student was enjoying it too because he was laughing non stop. I was thankful that I got the opportunity to come back and see this lab and all of the people that I knew from last year, and also for the chance to meet and work with a new student. I was hoping to stop in to the lab sometime this year anyways but have always been busy or found an excuse so I'm glad that I finally did!

No comments:

Post a Comment